Monday, May 11, 2009

Massive Sweet Tooth attack...

So after a long days work...I get home and it is super quiet. My hubby took our son to bowling leagues, my middle daughter is at a friends and my oldest daughter is in her room napping.
So I get out the good ole Betty Crocker cookbook and get to baking. I had 2 zucchini that had to be cooked before they went bad. So I made a pan of zucchini bread and 12 zucchini muffins. While that was in the oven I made a batch of banana muffins with my too brown to eat bananas. Yum Yum!! Then to top that all of I made chocolate chip cookies! I know if my husband came home and saw the bread and muffins he would be upset there were no cookies. He doesn't eat the muffins and such.

I am thrilled to have some grab and go breakfasts in the mornings for the next few days. I was running late this morning and had no breakfast.

I was just hoping to link to Betty Crockers website to the recipes I used. Unfortnately they are not on there...Looks like I need to type it all out and maybe add some pics of the end product.

Zucchini Bread
Prep 15min; Bake 1hr
Makes 2 loaves, 24 slices each
-3 cups shredded zucchini
-1 2/3 cups sugar
-2/3 cup vegetable oil
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-4 large eggs
-3 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour (I did 2 all purpose and 1 whole wheat)
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I omitted)
-1/2 cup raisins, if desired (I omitted)

Heat oven to 350 and grease the bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2x 4 1/2x 2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches, with shortening. (I myself used an 8x8 foil pan and then did 12 muffins--took less time to cook as well)

Mix Zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.

Bake 8-inch loaves 50-60min, 9-in loaf 1hr 10min to 1 hr 20min, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days. You can also freeze these as well.

Since I used different pans I adjusted the cook times. I let mine cook about 30 min tops. Just check and test to see when done.

Banana Muffins
Prep: 10 min; Bake: 15 min; Cool: 5 min
Makes 12 muffins

-1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 large egg
-1/3 cup sugar
-2 cups Bisquick Original Baking mix (I used the Heart Smart variety)
-1/2 cups raisins or chopped nuts, if desired (I omitted)

Heat oven to 400. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups, 2 1/2x 1 1/4 inches, with shortening, or line with paper baking cups.

Beat bananas, oil, egg and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Stir in baking mix and raisins (if used) just until the baking mix is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.

Bake 15 min or until golden brown. Cool for 5 min in pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm if desired.

These also freeze well!


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep: 10 min; Bake: 40 min
Makes about 4 dozen cookies

-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1 cup stick margarine or butter, softened
-1 large egg
-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup coarsly chopped nuts (I omit)
-1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)

Heat oven to 375.

Mix sugars, margarine, and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 min or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.



I know I said I may take pictures well....The cookies were gone in no time and I just didn't get a chance to take pictures of anything. Maybe next time!




No comments: