My husband and children calls these 'Super Brownies' but they are actually 'Double Chocolate-Carmel-Fudge Brownies.'
I made these last night and I got the recipe from a friend. They are DELICIOUS!!! It is hard to eat just one.
Here is the recipe:
1--(14 oz) pkg caramels, unwrapped
½ cup evaporated milk
Brownies (or just use a mix): (We use a mix)
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 ¼ cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
¼ teaspoon salt
1--(11.5 or 12 oz) pkg (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chunks
1 ½ cups chopped pecans
1 teaspoon oil
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 –inch pan. In small saucepan, combine caramels and milk; cook over low heat until caramels are melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs; blend well. Stir in flour, cocoa and salt; mix well. Stir in 1 ½ cups of the chocolate chunks and 1 cup of the pecans. Spoon and spread batter in greased pan.
3. Gently and evenly drizzle caramel filling over batter to prevent large pockets of caramel and to prevent caramel from reaching bottom of bars. Caramel can cover entire surface of batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 or 40 minutes or until set.
5. In small saucepan, melt remaining ½ cup chocolate chunks with oil over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup pecans; press in lightly. Cool 20 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into squares. If refrigerated longer, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
We can never let the cool completely before diving in!
4 hours ago