Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 2, Day 1 down....WOW

So I went to the gym yesterday for a good work out and boy did I get one!
I started with about 5 min on the treadmill to warm up while waiting for the class to start.
The class was Body Basics and 45 min in length. It required a jump rope and 2 sets of weights, I picked 5lbs and 8lbs. Those didn't scare me as much as that jump rope did.

After a quick warm up we spent about 30 min going back and forth between that dreaded jump rope and the weights. So here is how it went.
1 min of jump rope then 16 reps with the weights
1 min of jump rope, 16 reps of weights
1 min of jump rope, 16 reps of weights...I think you get the picture. Then the last 15 min of the class were spent on abs and a cool down.
I was exhausted!!! I thought for sure I would trip on that jump rope and fall on my face. Thankfully I did not. I assure you I wasn't the only one that felt that way either.

It felt great to get such a good workout in and I am headed back tonight for the "Dance Mix Class".

On another note...I have found a crafty project I want to do but first I have to go buy me some flannel material. I would like to make a rag blanket like the one on Sew4Home.com. I think my hubby would love it for Valentines day. Maybe if I can find enough time I can make one for everyone in the house as well.

No comments: